ROXUL® RESIDENTIAL INSULATION OVERVIEW
Start your project with ROXUL® — the fire-resistant insulation that's made from stone. Home owners, contractors and builders rely on ROXUL for no-compromise insulation solutions that help save energy and create quiet and safer homes.
Although insulation will represent only a small fraction of your budget, your choice will affect the quality of your finished project and the ongoing costs of heating and cooling your home. Additionally, your decision will have an impact on the environment.
The advantages of ROXUL make your insulation choice easy.
ROXUL insulation goes beyond what most conventional insulations offer. The main ingredient of ROXUL insulation is stone. As a result, it provides some very distinct advantages:
- Delays the spread of fire, and may provide you and your family with precious extra minutes to escape.
- Won't burn, or release toxic gases or smoke when exposed to high heat.
- Withstands temperatures of up to 2150˚F (1177˚C) – well above heat levels of typical house fires.
- After exposure to water and moisture, won't slump in the wall cavity like many conventional batt insulation products and R-value will not be affected.
- Inert substance that does not support mold or fungal growth; resulting in a safer indoor environment for your home.
Made from Stone:
- Created from a unique combination of stone and recycled slag – a by-product of steel production that would otherwise go to landfill.
- Non-directional fiber structure and higher density for better dimensional stability and an effective barrier against noise.
Easy to Install:
- Easy to cut precisely with a serrated blade, such as a bread knife.
- Non-directional fiber of ROXUL stone wool helps absorb acoustic waves and can reduce the intensity and propagation of noise.
- Effectively reduces airflow and sound transmissions.
- Higher air flow resistivity means better sound attenuation.