ROXUL SAFE® Fire Resistant Insulation
ROXUL SAFE® together with CURTAINROCK® 40/80 provides a comprehensive critical line of defense in fire protection that has been UL/ULC tested and approved for perimeter fire containment.
This product is designed for commercial, industrial, and residential buildings as a fire stopping insulation. Ideal for filling:
- Perimeter gaps between concrete floor slabs and exterior wall systems
- Around conduit pipe and duct openings through walls and floor slabs
- Between fire walls and ceiling slabs
ROXUL SAFE® is used in conjunction with a fire sealant to prevent passage of fire and smoke.
- Non-combustible stone wool insulation with melting point of approx. 1177°C (2150°F)
- Does not promote smoke or flame spread when exposed to flame
- Minimal shrinkage to maintain critical line of defense against fire
- Low thermal conductivity
- Water and moisture resistant; does not absorb moisture to maintain insulating value
- Does not rot, promote mildew, fungi, or bacteria
- Can be faced with reinforced foil facings
- ROXUL can contribute to earning LEED® points