ROXUL AFB® Semi-rigid Batt Insulation
ROXUL AFB® is a lightweight, semi-rigid batt insulation specifically designed for steel stud interior wall and floor applications. This stone wool-based insulation is made from natural stone and recycled content. It's a sustainable product that provides superior sound absorbency and fire protection for overall occupant comfort and safety. That's why AFB is quickly becoming the insulation of choice for today's green builders in commercial and industrial construction.
The AFB® product comes in a number of thicknesses to meet the requirements of both retrofit and new construction applications.
This product is designed specifically for friction fit into wall partitions and system applications from party walls to plant/manufacturing walls.
- Easily cut
- Excellent sound absorbency
- Non-combustible product with a melting point of approximately 2150°F (1177°C)
- Low moisture sorption
- Chemically inert; non-corrosive
- Repels water, does not rot, or promote the growth of mildew, fungi, or bacteria
- CFC - and HCFC - free product and process
- Made from natural & recycled materials
- ROXUL can contribute to earning LEED® points