ROXUL® COMMERCIAL INSULATION OVERVIEW
ROXUL® Commercial Insulation products provide a number of solutions for building envelope applications. From exterior continuous insulation to interior batts and boards, ROXUL products deliver performance from the day the building is completed.
Our fire-resistant, water repellent and sound absorbent batts and boards can be used to help achieve improved thermal performance and lower energy costs associated with heating and cooling.
ROXUL offers a number of products to meet your project’s needs:
- Exterior Cavity Wall:CAVITYROCK® is used in exterior cavity and rainscreen applications as an insulating layer by providing valuable thermal, fire and moisture protection
- Exterior Sheathing:COMFORTBOARD™ 110 is able to provide an exterior sheathing solution by providing a continuous insulation layer for improved thermal performance.
- Interior Wall: AFB® provides superior sound absorbency and fire protection for overall occupant comfort and safety.
- Curtain Wall:ROXUL SAFE® with CURTAINROCK® CURTAINROCK® 40 or CURTAINROCK® 80 provide a comprehensive critical line of defense in fire protection that has been UL/ULC tested and approved for perimeter fire containment.
- Multipurpose Interior Boards:ROCKBOARD® 40, ROCKBOARD® 60 and ROCKBOARD® 80 provide improved acoustic and fire performance for rooms with continuous sound requirements such as mechanical rooms or studios.
- Metal Building:ROXUL SAFE® 65 and ROXUL SAFE® 55 provide UL/ULC tested wall solutions for metal building and fire-rated wall assemblies. ROXUL Plus® MB is designed for metal building construction where an hourly fire rating is not required.
ROXUL products are fire resistant and do not contribute to the spread of fire and smoke, reducing the risk of fire spreading and allowing additional time for the evacuation of commercial buildings. ROXUL products can withstand up to 2150°F (1177°C) without melting.
The unique properties of stone wool insulation helps repel water, allowing water to bead and run off the insulation. ROXUL products are also vapor permeable allowing vapor to diffuse throughout the product and contributing to increase drying potential, and a more breathable, energy efficient building. Rather than moisture building up in the layer, ROXUL commercial products will allow the moisture to escape.
Long Term Performance
When installed correctly, ROXUL products maintain their performance for the length of the building. This means the performance you get in Year 1 will be the same each successive year.
ROXUL Products are also dimensionally stable, reducing the amount of shrinkage or gaps prevalent in other insulation products, which can cause reduced system performance due to air leakage.