ROXUL SAFE® is a light-weight, semi-rigid stone wool batt insulation that provides fire resistance and sound control.
This product is designed for commercial, industrial, and residential buildings as a fire stopping insulation. Ideal for filling:
- Perimeter gaps between concrete floor slabs and exterior wall systems
- Around conduit pipe and duct openings through walls and floor slabs
- Between fire walls and ceiling slabs
ROXUL SAFE® is used in conjunction with a fire sealant to prevent passage of fire and smoke.
- Non-combustible stone wool insulation with melting point of approx. 1177°C (2150°F)
- Does not promote smoke or flame spread when exposed to flame
- Minimal shrinkage to maintain critical line of defense against fire
- Low thermal conductivity
- Water and moisture resistant; does not absorb moisture to maintain insulating value
- Does not rot, promote mildew, fungi, or bacteria
- Can be faced with reinforced foil facings
- Earns LEED® points – talk to ROXUL’s LEED® Accredited Professional