ROXUL AFB® (Acoustical Fire Batt) is a batt insulation product designed specifically for application in wall/floor systems where acoustical performance and fire resistance are the primary concerns. This noncombustible lightweight product has excellent acoustical dampening properties and is dimensionally stable which makes it ideal for friction fit into wall partitions and system applications from party walls to plant/manufacturing walls. The product is chemically inert which means that it will not promote corrosion. The AFB® product comes in a number of thicknesses to meet the requirements of both retrofit and new construction applications.
This product is designed specifically for friction fit into wall partitions and system applications from party walls to plant/manufacturing walls.
- Easily cut
- Excellent sound absorbency
- Non-combustible product with a melting point of approximately 2150°F (1177°C)
- Low moisture sorption
- Chemically inert; non-corrosive
- Repels water, does not rot, or promote the growth of mildew, fungi, or bacteria
- CFC - and HCFC - free product and process
- Made from natural & recycled materials
- Earns LEED®points - talk to the ROXUL Technical Service Professional